Fresh Tcl and Tcl Dev Kit
at 2007-08-12 19:11:22
And now the Tcl news you've been waiting for...
Announcing ActiveTcl 8.4.15, a core patch-level release of the complete, ready-to-install Tcl distribution for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX; and ActiveTcl 8.5.0 Beta 8, based on the upcoming Tcl/Tk 8.5 release.
- Updated Tcl/Tk core to 8.4.15 + patches
- Added TLS (OpenSSL interface) extension
- Updated Expect to v5.44.1
- Updated Sqlite to v3.4.0
- Updated tkcon to v2.5 with extended docs
TEApot Repository updates
- Added author names and URLs to metadata for many packages
- Enhanced [teacup list] command to use case-insensitive substring search when first nothing was found
- Added [teacup verify] and [teapot-admin verify] commands with checks of repository integrity
Download ActiveTcl 8.4.15.
Fresh Tcl Dev Kit (TDK)
Tcl Dev Kit 4.0.1 is out, and the update is free for TDK 4 licensees and ActiveTcl Pro Studio subscribers.
New stuff in Tcl Dev Kit 4.0.1:
- TclApp: Enhanced checking of basekits for Tcl version and architecture information
- TclApp: New switch '-postcode' (+ gui text entry)
- Bugfixes: Lots
What? You still don't have Tcl Dev Kit 4.0? Then you don't have:
- New platforms: Mac OS X and Solaris x86 support
- Checker enhancements: Find errors in Tcl scripts before they are run
- TEA package management: Easily create, manage, export and use package repositories
- Tcl 8.5 code compiler: Keep Tcl 8.5 source code safe from prying eyes
- GUI facelifts: Themed user interfaces for all tools
- And more!
You'd better get on that....
del.icio.us | digg this
Blog Source - http://blogs.activestate.com/activestate/index.rdf